The first season of Girls’ television series, which was to air this fall, was canceled Friday after Netflix announced it would no longer be selling it.
“It’s a sad day for all of us,” said executive producer and star Kaitlin Olson, in a statement.
“We’re grateful for the support and support of our team and all of you who supported us through the years. “
“There’s so much to do with Girls, and we’ll do our best to keep you updated. “
“Stay tuned for more news.””
The news came as a surprise to many, including Olson herself. “
Stay tuned for more news.”
The news came as a surprise to many, including Olson herself.
“As soon as I heard the news I was absolutely elated,” Olson said in a video message.
“Everyone has a story about how we got there and how we’re trying to get to the next level.
I was thrilled to be working on the series and seeing it grow into the best it can be.”
The decision was made after Netflix had been working with producers and producers’ groups on a number of things, including a pilot for the show.
Olson said the show would be released at some point in the near future.
The cancellation is the latest in a long line of streaming companies’ moves against streaming services that have long struggled to find a foothold in the U.S.
A decision to end Girls has raised the question of how the streaming giant will be able to keep its shows in production without Netflix.
Last month, Amazon Prime released a new series of original series that was not only cheaper than streaming, but it also featured the voice talent of the main characters.
The company also has been trying to sell its streaming service, which has more than 1 billion members worldwide.
Last year, Amazon added a second series, Amazon Fresh, in which the company was hoping to sell off the original shows.